Panama at a Glance
Panama is a country that seems as though it were made for tourists. Thousands of miles of coast line the country on either side, with the Pacific Ocean to the West and the Caribbean to the East. The interior of Panama is filled with rainforests, mountains, and archeological sites. Combining nature with nightlife is the incredibly modern capital, Panama City. Here visitors can enjoy fine dining, shopping, golfing, gambling, tours of historic Panama Viejo (old Panama) and of course a visit to the world famous Panama Canal, which runs through the width of the Country to connect the oceans on either side.
Healthcare and Fertility Tourism in Panama
Panama offers very high quality healthcare and modern hospitals, with many doctors having trained in the US. Johns Hopkins-affiliated and JCI accredited Hospital Punta Pacifica is the most technologically advanced medical center in Latin America, with standards meeting or exceeding those in North America.
Visa / Entry Requirements
- All must have a passport valid for 6 months with at least 1 blank page;
- Residents of North America as well as several other countries do not require a visa;
Other Travel Considerations for Panama IVF
- Tocumen International Airport (PTY) is the main international airport of Panama;
- There are direct flights from many North American cities;
Money and Paying For Things
- The currency of Panama is the U.S. dollar / Balboa, so there will be no money exchange for American visitors;
- Credit cards are accepted almost everywhere throughout Panama; ATM’s are prevalent as well;