Czech Republic At A Glance
Surrounded by Germany, Austria, Poland, and Slovakia, the Czech Republic has a rich cultural heritage. The Czech Republic has a robust democratic tradition, a highly-developed economy, and a rich cultural heritage. It joined the European Union in 2004 and has confidently taken its place amongst other developed European countries.
The Czech Republic has two regions – Bohemia and Moravia and one of Europe’s truly great capitals in Prague. one of the prettiest towns in all of Europe in Czesky Krumlov, arguably the best beer anywhere, and an abundance of spa towns. This is a country that will leave a lasting impression.
The City Of Zlin In Moravia
Moravia is one of the main regions of The Czech Republic which takes up much of the east of the country. The city of Zlin is found in this area, and its growth and prosperity can be almost entirely tied to the growth of the Bata Shoe Company starting in the late nineteenth century and continuing to present day.
Fertility Tourism and Czech Republic IVF
Due to its location in Central Europe, its open laws around fertility treatments, and the general strength of other currencies against the Czech koruna, the country has emerged as one of the leading destinations for fertility tourism. Hundreds, if not thousands, of European and North American couples flock to the Czech Republic every year for IVF and egg donation.
The country has particularly emerged as a leader in egg donation for couples who can not get pregnant using their own eggs. With positive laws around donation and a Caucaisan population that is in high demand due to regulations in many other countries, it makes an attractive destination.
Visa / Entry Requirements
- US and Canadian citizens require a passport to enter the Czech Republic;
- A visa is not required for stays up to 90 days ;
Other Travel Considerations
- Major European airports are within 2 hours of Zlin, Czech Republic;
- Vienna Austria (VIE) has the most direct international flights but Prague and Brno are also options for arrival;
- Private transfers can be arranged for major airports at clients’ request;
Political Situation And Safety
- The Czech Republic is a multi-party democratic republic
- Besides the usual necessity to be careful in tourist areas, The Czech Republic is a very safe country;
Money And Paying For Things
- The local currency is the Czech koruna;
- Tipping is not expected in smaller areas, but increasingly in places like Prague;
- Credit cards are widely accepted;
- ATM’s are prevalent in major tourist centers;